Pages

Sunday 11 April 2010

Singing da Blues Now

Who would have thought that I would really love this work after such a half-hearted beginning? I am not going to do any more, even though I would like to work on the shadows and the caps of the tubes, because the paint is getting too thick. Enough! I think I might do more tubes of this ilk, as I really enjoy the challenge of painting a well-worn and dented metallic surface with all the smudges of paint picked up over time. I seem to like painting things standing on their heads and shoulders - lamb chops, tubes of oil paints - what's next?


"Old Holland - Caribbean Blue & Kings Blue Light"
Oil on Canvas - 8" x 8"

4 comments:

Chartan said...

Gorgeous Anne!

Anne C M Campbell said...

Thanks Charlotte - I had fun with this one.

Autumn Leaves said...

Such a clean and crisp painting you ended up with, Anne. I love it! Those lamb chops...still stuck in my head! LOL

Anne C M Campbell said...

Thanks Sherry!