Pages

Sunday 12 April 2015

Portrait Sketch of Lara

I decided to get some portrait drawing done this afternoon and not having done any sketching or drawing for ages, I expected to do badly. This one didn't turn out all that bad, but again, the lack of professional lighting and a small camera doesn't show the drawing up very well. I wanted to shade the background in pencil but it looked like a long haul, so I decided to compromise with a few quick brushes of black gouache and it certainly added a bit of dynamism, even though it slightly overshadows the drawing.  It certainly was a whole lot more freeing than the fix-up job of my last post where I changed the colours of a painting after four years!!



Graphite and Gouache on Cartridge Paper 10.5" x 8.5" 
 

Graphite on Cartridge Paper 10.5" x 8.5"

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Anne, she came out beautifully. I was marveling at the shadowing beneath her jaw line and how beautifully you handled that.