Pages

Thursday 28 June 2012

Thwarted!

Sometime in the last three weeks I lost my trusty digital camera, or horror of all horrors, it was stolen. I think it must have fallen out of my backpack on the train or something like that but nobody has handed it in. I am lost, totally lost without it and I can't photograph any work to post here. It's frightening to realise how dependent an artist is on her tools, and all I have left is an old SLR and a baby digital, which works, but can't meet the challenge of photographing art. I don't know if my insurance covers this sort of thing and I am loathe to fork out hundreds of pounds for another. Woe is me. Really down about this.

"Baby digital camera"

4 comments:

Linda Popple said...

I am so sorry this has happened! I think we can certainly empathize with your predicament. Three years ago I was painting en plein air and had everything stolen from set up to brushes. It took a long time to replace and it really made me appreciate what I had accumulated over the years. I hope your camera will be returned or at least insurance will help buy a new one. I don't understand thievery, but I guess some people have no conscience.

Anne C M Campbell said...

Thanks for your concern Linda. It's just awful and I can't imagine how gutted I would be if all my art materials had been stolen. Yes, appreciation is key and I really looked after my camera because I loved it so much, so I can't give myself a slap this time.

Autumn Leaves said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Anne. How absolutely frustrating! Especially when you take the time to get such beautiful images of your work. (You might notice that I don't work too hard at that.) I am hoping that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't in your backpack that day and you will find it at home somewhere. Really am hoping for that. Sigh...

Anne C M Campbell said...

Thanks Sherry. I am also of the mind that it might re-materialize out of somewhere when I get home, but I have searched every corner. I've found out that I can borrow the camera from work if desperate, so I'm not totally stymied if I paint a masterpiece!